Power Generation by Energy Source
Some new features have been introduced:
- You can select "line" or "area" mode for each power generation technology, and either hide or show the corresponding data.
- Clicking the "Settings" lets you specify how the various power generation technologies are organised.
Power generation by energy source, subdivided by "technology"
t is possible to view more detailed data for certain power generation segments by specifying the power generation technology. Click the detail icon :
- The gas segment can be drilled down by Combustion Turbine, Cogeneration, CCGT and Other Gas,
- The Oil segment can be drilled down by Combustion Turbine, Cogeneration and Other Oil,
- The Hydroelectric segment can be drilled down by Run-of-the-River, Conventional and Pumped-Storage,
- The Thermal Renewable segment can be drilled down by Waste, Biomass and Biogas.
Notes on certain sections
Pumping and Pumped-Storage
Pumped-storage stations are hydroelectric facilities that draw water from a lower reservoir during off-peak periods in order to fill an upper reservoir. The water is then released back into the lower reservoir to generate electricity during peak demand periods.
- The pumping section shows all power used by pumped-storage facilities.
- The Pumped-Storage section shows the power generated by the stored water
The Solar section shows the electrical power generated by the installed base of photovoltaic panels (including PV farms and diffuse generating capacity).
About historical data
Historical data records are adjusted twice after they are first published:
- During the following month, indicators are consolidated ("consolidated data", shown in green, based on the available metering data).
- During the first half of the following year, indicators are finalised ("final data", shown in blue, based on all metering data).